Location: GAITHERSBURG MD US 20878
The ERAM Program at Leidos-Civil, Transportation Systems and Solutions is currently looking for a Human Factors Engineer, preferably with a Certification and a PhD Degree in Human Factors.
Employee will design and guide the development of human factors engineering requirements, including the management of the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to the Computer Human Interface (CHI) for ERAM.
Specific Duties Include:
- Support mission critical engineering operations at all phases of the system lifecycle, including maintenance
- Perform human factors analysis and translating customer requirements into system hardware and software specifications.
- Meet all technical requirements related to Human Factors, and ensure that processes meet system and performance requirements.
- Function as the Point-of-Contact for Human Factors related issues, and interfaces with systems engineers and software engineers in the Program to develop and implement solutions.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree in Human Factors engineering, human factors psychology, cognitive psychology or related discipline with a focus on human-computer interaction and usabilityand 12+ years of experiencein mission critical human-computer interface design, testing and evaluation, and user-centered design processes, as well as systems engineering experience.
- Experience with analysis of user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Experience with analysis of system requirements and lead design and development activities.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to formulate requirements, advise on alternative approaches, and to conduct feasibility studies
- Ability to provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Experience with the Incorporation of new plans, designs, and systems, into ongoing operations
- Experience with authoring and coordination of system architecture and system design documentation
- Ability to to provide technical guidance of system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Ability to be the liaison with the U.S. Government regarding Human Factors technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Experience with the assurance of the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Human Factors area of responsibility
- Ability to Interface with key personnel, customer counterparts, program office representatives, and senior executives.
Desired skills (Preferred qualifications)
- Master’s degree in Human Factors engineering and 10+ years of Human Factors experience (mission critical human-computer interface design).
- Doctorate degree in Human Factors engineering with 5+ years of Human Factors experience (mission critical human-computer interface design).
- BCPE board certified (CPE or CHFP) preferred but will consider non-certified candidates and candidates with alternate certification (e.g. CHFEP)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.