Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking an expert/senior Lead System Engineer to perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, implementation, and decommission. Provide technical leadership to a team of Senior System Engineers, in conjunction with the Chief Architect and Lead Software Developer. The System Engineers perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative systems and applications, and ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability, while also serving as scrum masters for individual software development sub-teams. The Lead System Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of all sub teams, and for ensuring integration across teams and with external stakeholders and customers.
The successful candidate will perform engineering analysis of legacy systems/services to identify duplicative capabilities, gaps, critical activities, candidates for scaling to enterprise-level, streamlining opportunities, efficiencies, and overall areas for improvement. Identify issues affecting end-to-end performance of systems, provide engineering support to system testing and modeling efforts, and assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions. Support analysis and determination of risk probability and enterprise impact, prioritization of perceived risks, and establish risk monitoring and management strategies.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 12 years relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
• ACTIVE clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
• Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
• Technology design skills; adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
• Ability to logically and systematically convert customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Ability to analyze and study complex system requirements such as:
o Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
o Apply the Concept of Operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of an organization
o Demonstrate knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science, and technology
o Experience with activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
• Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
• Experience working within an Enterprise Scaled Agile Framework
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Complex problem solving skills