LEIDOS has a direct placement for Task Order Lead to provide technical, and project management support to TSA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Transportation Equipment Deployment Services (TEDS) for the Deployment and Logistics Division (DLD).
This opening encompasses task order lead support for site validation visits, design reviews, coordination of deliveries, installation, SAT, removals and close-out of federalized airports across the United States and its territories. This position will support the TSA’s DLD to implement the best security technology solutions to protect the nation’s transportation systems ensuring freedom of movement for both people and commerce.
This position is a part of the Program Management Office and a key team member on the Check Point Team. This position will be involved in the day to day management of a task order and report to the Check Point Manager.
Key responsibilities include resource planning and execution of the delivery, integration, and operational readiness of DLD technologies at airports within the East region. Candidate will facilitate communication and interaction across multiple deployment teams within the East region while balancing requirements of key stakeholders, including the TSA, airport authorities, and state and local representatives. Candidate will exercise expert judgment and assess project best practices to meet stakeholder expectations. Candidate will provide guidance and oversight across all deployment teams to ensure that technical, cost, and schedule parameters are met or exceeded. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy and initiative to easily adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
• BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience in life-cycle technical resource management for major projects with a track record of acquiring, managing and deploying resources across a wide geographic region and delivering projects on schedule and within budget.
• Demonstrative ability to effectively manage multi-disciplined teams of technical and project management professionals and interact as the liaison with the customer and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of federal government regulations and standards related to conducting work at U.S. airports.
• Able to effectively manage and oversee work being performed by geographically dispersed staff.
• Management experience on work performed by field staff and subcontracting firms.
• Experience in resolving compliance issues with federal, state and local authorities on design specifications.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a single project.
• Experience in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Thorough understanding of airport construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
• Professional certifications (i.e., Licensed PE, PMI® PMP, or General Contractor License is a plus).
• Knowledgeable of MS Project or other scheduling tools.
• Prior TSA/FAA experience is a plus