Location: GAITHERSBURG MD US 20878
Software Developer/Atlassian Administrator Gaithersburg MD
Leidos is seeking an Software Developer/Atlassian Administrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow
Support the Engineering team by providing Atlassian Administration tasks such as:
• Perform overall on-site maintenance of Atlassian tools (i.e. JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, Stash (Bitbucket), Confluence, and Bamboo)
• Provide both first and second-level support for Atlassian issues
• Provide usage and customization guidance for new projects in the system.
• Be the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
• Perform administrative tasks for the Atlassian products upgrades, patching, backup, and recovery.
• In addition to the Atlassian tools, the Atlassian tool administrator will provide operating system (e.g. CentOS, RHEL) and hypervisor (e.g. VMWare ESXi, RHEL KVM) administration.
• Work with the users to derive tool usage requirements and configuration projects, workflows, issue types, screens, to meet the customer needs.
• Identify customization requirements that cannot be met with the tool capabilities: write and maintain Adaptivist Scriptrunner fields, scripts, listeners, and events. Additionally maintain several custom plug-ins
• Support multiple programs including ERAM/Data Comm, TBFM, TFDM, Skyline, IRADs. An understanding of the Leidos Transportation Solutions environment is required.
• Typically requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience support Commercial Off-The-Shelf SW Builds and packaging tasks
• Writing scripts and automating procedures
• Demonstrated outstanding analytical, teaming and interpersonal skills Trouble shooting issues--effectively respond to users requests.
• Off-hours support - provide off-hours support representing the team to address/perform required tasks to keep the test program running
• Other tasks as appropriate to support the development/maintenance team
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.