The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group is seeking a Traveling Database Developer to support a dynamic program in Northern Virginia.
This is an exciting and rewarding career opportunity to work on a mission that matters. Make an immediate and substantial impact enhancing a unique enterprise software solution that is deployed to thousands of customers around the world. Use the latest tools and technologies to solve complex engineering challenges. Join one of our high-performing Agile teams as we build upon our proven track record of delivering innovative solutions in record time. Each day, our database, software, hardware, test, and field engineers proudly collaborate with trainers, desk officers, and analysts to develop ideas and concepts into fielded, real-world solutions on this mission-focused program.
The Traveling Database Developer will provide technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of an internationally-deployed, data-intensive enterprise software solution. This position requires use of critical thinking and problem solving techniques to address unique database issues, including data movement and replication among geographically dispersed system components.
The primary responsibilities for this position include implementing complex data migrations and high-performance data integration solutions between PostgreSQL and other database platforms. This position requires strong Linux and scripting language skills as well as familiarity with ETL processes and tools.
Secondary responsibilities include working with software engineers to resolve database design and performance issues in development, test, and production environments.
This position requires up to 30% OCONUS travel. Additional travel opportunities may be available to perform Field Engineering work including system installation and upgrade activities.
Must possess an active TS/SCI
•Bachelor's degree and 12+ years' experience.Additional experience in lieu with Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with relational database management systems
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with Linux
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with logical and physical database design
• Strong scripting language skills (Python, Perl, and/or bash)
• Familiarity with ETL processes and tools
• Experience with large databases (> 1TB)
• Experience with PostgreSQL 9.x
• Experience with PostgreSQL DBSync
• Experience with database performance tuning
• Experience with database reporting software
• Experience developing stored database procedures, packages, and triggers using PL/SQL