Software Developer Engineer/Analyst
• This position requires an experienced video network analyst with formal education and professional experience in the design, engineering, sourcing, implementation, and management of high performance video production networks. The scope of the contract provides an array of professional engineering services, including strategic planning, concept development and requirements analysis, system design/engineering/integration, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, acquisition, and life cycle management.
• The customer environment is a Federal Government research facility in Bethesda, MD. The general activity is based around engineering support of digital media systems, network-centric systems, AV-IT systems, and new technology development.
• The position involves daily, onsite video network design & integration analysis, system improvement/upgrade, system testing/troubleshooting, system commissioning/decommissioning. The video network analyst will be responsible for day-to-day, routine engineering and management duties pertaining to systems on the customer’s video production network. This includes media servers, enterprise storage devices, KVM equipment, non-linear editing stations.
• The video network analyst will act as both a subject matter expert as well as a team lead for assigned projects.
• The video network analyst will be responsible for ongoing management of the video network-related hardware and software. This duty will include system builds, software installation/upgrade, system commissioning/decommissioning, management of the related engineering/storage spaces that support the functional area.
• The video network analyst will be responsible for identifying customer service needs and working with program management to design strategic approaches for optimizing and improving processes and end-user support. This responsibility will include (but, is not limited to) issues involving network architecture, production suite design, space planning, system aesthetics, network infrastructure. Responsibility will also extend to research, analysis, evaluation, procurement, system design, implementation, and lifecycle support of those technology areas.
• Provide scheduled and special-request research and reporting on project status, technology research,
and after-action review. Also, provide reporting for assigned trainings and conference attendance.
Please identify "basic qualifications" and "desired" skills for this position. The skills listed below will be displayed to all job seekers on the web. They will help you make and justify a selection decision. Recruiters will also use these skills to prepare search criteria when sourcing resumes. Basic qualifications are those that the candidate must absolutely possess in order to be selected for the position, and Desired Skills are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.
•Minimum Experience: Five years of professional experience or three years of related experience with a Master’s degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
•Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline. Experience may be substituted at the rate of two years of directly related experience for each year of education.
•Professional, hands-on operational experience with pro-level audio, video, and/or control system equipment and systems for video post-production.
•Installation/integration, design, and configuration high performance, IP-based video networks – primarily those used for non-linear post production applications.
•Technical support of non-linear editing systems. (Ex., Avid, Adobe, Mac Final Cut Pro, etc.)
•Technical support of computer graphics/animation software systems. (Ex. Autodesk 3DMax, Autodesk Maya, etc.)
•Professional hands-on experience with relevant enterprise network management software tools and systems. (Ex. Microsoft Active Directory, IBM BigFix, etc.)
•Professional hands-on experience in technical support of network-based storage, collaboration, and workflow systems for video editing.