Location: WASHINGTON DC US 20001
The NISC III program at Leidos seeks a Web application designer / UI developer for the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC) to build and redesign modern, clean, stylish, and usable web applications for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Technical Operations team.
Employee must be able to leverage a creative design-first approach to implement design concepts and carry out front-end development of functional prototypes of those.
The UI Developer must also be aware of ever-changing design trends and latest front-end development methodologies and framework.
Other duties include:
- Collaboration with a diverse stakeholder community.
- Communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements, while working with the team to develop technical solutions that meets mission objectives.
- Write organized code and work independently while running a specific concept to ground.
- Assist in designing, developing, and implementing application features as part of an interactive Agile development process.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Experience with the following:
- Web application design, includinghuman factors, color schemes, overall design and usability
- Workflow design and development
- Must also possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with specific visualization tools like Angular, AJAX, and Bootstrap are a plus.
- Experience with .NET and / or ColdFusion are a plus.
- Experience with MuleSoft, HIVE, and / or Calibre are a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.