Leidos'Business Development (BD) & Strategy organization of the Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking an Operations Business Development & Strategy Vice President in support of the Cyber and SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation. This position will be located with our team in Columbia, MD.
The CSS Operation delivers world-class cyber and SIGINT services and solutions to include research, prototyping, development, integration, training, deployment, operations and sustainment, using Agile development methodology, in support of our intel community and DoD customers.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have previously served in line management before transitioning to the business development field.
You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the Operation.
You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ analytics, tools and platforms expertise into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources Manages a team of up to 15 business development professionals.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities.
- Develops and implements the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform cyber solutions and emerging technologies in other markets Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple intel community organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with intel community and DoD personnel
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Experience with intel community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $3 billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred