Leidos is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide support to the Senior Vice President, Business Development and Strategy for the Health Group. The Health Group consists of over 7,000 employees working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in health and engineering.
The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
• Managing scheduling, preparing research and correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing or gathering agendas, read-ahead, and post-meeting actions and notes.
• Preparing expense reports and coordinating travel on a weekly basis.
• Processing purchase orders and ordering materials and supplies including promotional items for events.
• Act as a central point of contact for Health Group Business Development questions with regards to Leidos systems such as Concur, Prism, SciQuest and others.
• Manage multiple and competing requirements with efficiency, attention to prioritization, detail orientation and execution.
• Act as proxy to the President, such as representing him in communications and may make administrative decisions or take actions on his behalf based on knowledge of the Health Group's priorities and personnel.
• Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative and tact.
• Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, line organizations, customers and other outside entities.
• Take lead in partnering with members of the Health or BD executive assistant teams to execute on efforts that span the Health Group or BD.
• This is a highly visible position that demands a high degree of telephone and personal professionalism, polish and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality is a critical component of this role. Occasional overtime may be required.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Typically requires 10+ years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration in a related field preferred; counts as 4 years of relevant experience with a degree.
• Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including Corporate, BD and Group Executives, customers and members of the Board of Directors.
• Must be able to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
• Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status)