The Senior Systems Administrator supports a large healthcare contract in the Baltimore area of over 1300 Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) hosts. Our customer has a mission critical computing infrastructure that requires intensive support and detailed analysis provided with excellent customer service. This position does not support remote work.
The successful candidate has the ability to manage multiple tasks, including but not limited to:
· Build, configuration, and tuning of Linux operating environments
· Performance of maintenance including emergent fixes and mitigation, routine patching, support of system tests, and other scheduled operations.
· Configuration of systems to run successfully in multiple differing environments.
· Update and maintenance of monitoring, deployment, and other tools (scripts).
The successful candidate is fluent in use of the Unix/Linux command line interface and demonstrate significant experience in systems administration via:
· Deep understanding of operating system concepts including file systems, processes, and permissions
· Extensive experience with virtualization technologies including VMware.
· Deep fluency in shell programming/scripting skills including bash/ksh, python, and/or perl
· Experience with network and system monitoring via tools such as Nagios.
· Experience with optimization and reconfiguration tools, particularly MFITS.
· General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols such as HTTP, ssh, and NFS
· General understanding of authentication systems and protocols including Kerberos.
· Experience managing software repositories
The candidate who is selected for the position will have the following responsibilities:
· Participate in weekly on-call, triage, and alternate on-call rotations.
· Participate in resolution of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
· Provide advisory support on Unix/Linux systems and operational impact of changes.
· Monitor Unix/Linux systems for anomalies and investigate impact related patterns of usage
· Provide analysis of reporting on Unix/Linux resources in areas including security, capacity, and availability.
· Produce and maintain detailed documentation for internal processes and procedures.
· Develop expertise, conduct training, and mentor teammates.
· Develop new initiatives to automate, integrate findings, and reduce redundancy to improve overall efficiency.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
· RHCSA, RHCE, or deep understanding of technical subjects covered in these certifications.
· Operational familiarity with RHEL Satellite
· Operational familiarity with Oracle Enterprise Linux or Solaris
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must havelived in theUnited Statesatleastthree(3)out ofthelastfive(5)yearsprior in order to be considered.