Location: RESTON VA US 20191
The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking an experienced nuclear engineer or scientist to support a dynamic, multidisciplinary team at a government facility in Northern Virginia. The successful candidate will work to develop methodologies and processes for the full spectrum of counter-WMD planning – from developing and running models through interpreting and documenting results, to preparation of technical reports and briefing the results.
- Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and engineering expertise to to characterize selected facilities.
- Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate estimates.
- Work within a matrixed team including engineers, scientists, modelers (physics-based, agent-based and structural) and intelligence analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Nuclear Engineering or related field + 5-8 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong background in HVAC, power / electrical or communications engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ ploy level clearance.
Advanced degree in Physics or Nuclear Engineering or related fieldProfessional Engineer certificationExperience working in CONUS or OCONUS nuclear facilityMilitary or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning is a strong plus
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.