Location: GAITHERSBURG MD US 20878
Test Engineer- Air Traffic Control/ AFSS
Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer to join an agile System Team or Test Team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. This position is in Gaithersburg, MD. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position requires strong technical testing skills in order to participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team or Test Team Member. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. You will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalating and resolving impediments, and helping to drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program. You are expected to work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
• Plans, executes, and documents testing of in-house developed and COTS/GOTS components.
• Troubleshoots hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and verifies/validates integration of the entire system or subsystem.
• Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
• Writes discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2-4 years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and less then 2 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Experience in full-life cycle software applications development using an agile methodology, to include, test and integration
• Experience testing the following items: Spring Framework, SOAP and REST web services, XML Schemas and Definitions, J2EE product stack
• Professional experience supporting the system and/or software engineering discipline.
• Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
• Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate in a fast paced environment, and to pay attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with stakeholders and other team members.
• Familiarization with VersionOne
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Experience and/or knowledge of Flight Services and aviation / air traffic control
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.