Location: FREDERICK MD US 21702
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s Financial Operations Directorate oversees all financial planning and management activities for the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research (FNLCR), sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). We currently seek a Project Controller to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team at our Frederick, MD location.
Project Controller will be responsible for full life-cycle financial planning and analysis support on multi-year, large research and development projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- The development and on-going support of basis of estimates, project cost, schedules and milestones, resource allocation, cost and schedule status reporting, and ad hoc financial analysis support to program management assessment
- Regularly monitor project funding, cost, schedule and performance and will support life-cycle updates of cost estimates to completion (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC)
- Responsible for pricing new task orders and changes to existing projects
- The project controller will work in close coordination with project managers to assess program performance for reasonableness against cost and schedule, assist managing change control of scope of work and/or resource allocation, and respond to invoicing inquiries
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting or related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the educational requirements, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in project controls or related program planning and analysis role
- Must possess intermediate to advanced level of experience in use of spreadsheets, databases, and financial planning tools
- Experience supporting multiple programs and process multiple tasks with a proven ability to collect and analyze information in a complex and dynamic operating environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of appropriate government contracting regulations and various contract types, indirect cost pools, and forward pricing
- Knowledge or experience using Deltek financial software
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial management concepts
- Intermediate to Advanced excel and database skills/abilities
- Strong analytical skill
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in complex/dynamic operating environment.
- Possess strong customer service orientation, including both internal and external customers
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.