Location: WASHINGTON DC US 20001
The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Power Systems Engineer to support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC) with respect to power engineering.
Employee will provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices and provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system's lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
Specific duties include:
- Participating in the administration, logistics, strategy, research and development of national technical standard/guidance documents related to power systems design and system classifications.
- Develop new simulation and graphical solutions to complex engineering problems using MATLAB/COMSOL/EDSA/SKM and/or other engineering design tools
- Manage National Change Proposal, Configuration Control Board process, and departmental website.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 9+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Electrical and / or power engineering experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following are required: power systems, grounding, lightning protection, and electromagnetic, short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS or other systems.
- Strong writing skills exhibited through published papers at engineering organizations (such as IEEE, IEC, or other engineering/scientific organizations); thesis or dissertation papers at academic institutions;
- (Writing samples will be requested during interview.)
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of FAA systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.