The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Future Operations Manager at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.
This position provides a dedicated team member to synchronize, improve, and deliver new IT services. Candidate coordinates and facilitates full spectrum lifecycle planning, synchronization and integration of services, systems and capabilities across supporting production work centers. Candidate will identify and select processes for continuous service improvement, develop plans for and coordinate supporting actions to improve current and enable future capabilities.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Participates in design, build, and implementation of network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
-BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience.
-Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
•Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders.
•ITIL, CISSP or equivalent
•Clearance: TS Eligible