Location: WASHINGTON DC US 20001
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer for the U.S. Department of Labor in Washington, DC. The position requires experience and in depth knowledge of Data Center systems and infrastructure components to include virtualization, backups and storage technologies, NetApp storage systems and Networking components. The Senior Systems Engineer should have experience developing, designing, reviewing and modifying “design” for multiple data centers and components related to network, storage, systems, compute, security, as well as engineering to accommodate the data centers or “services” of the data center initiatives. The Senior Systems Engineer will perform technical assessments, develop design documents, and assist with developing and maintaining project schedules.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the engineering related deliverables, such as preliminary design, final design, bill of materials, end to end testing, and implementation approach when needed.
• Providing expertise in network, virtualization, storage, security, systems and applications relative to data center communication initiatives.
• Active Directory and DNS infrastructure to include Network Security architecture.
• Providing immediate engineering participation and/or contributions with respect to the design and implementation of enterprise solutions.
• Participating in development and complete engineering solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, backups, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, security and application requirements.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.Qualifications:
Typical education and experience:
· BS degree in a relevant field and 12 years experience. Additional years of experience and/or revelant certifications will be considered lieu of degree.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.