The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Help Desk Manager at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.
The Help Desk provides 24/7/365 network assistance and technical support to resolve user incidents, service requests, communications, computer, voice, network faults and outages, and incident resolution support. The Help Desk assign priorities based on the criticality of the incident, problem, or service level of the customer. The Helpdesk Manager is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties may include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, a return or service the product in the field.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- The Help Desk Manager oversees all Tier 1 technicians, analysts, and specialists providing technical support to all AFNCR customer requests and inquiries.
- Common technical support duties include answering telephones, communicating with clients, diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, and troubleshooting problems.
- The Help Desk Manager shall implement processes and improvements to support Platinum, Gold, and Silver Customer Service Levels.
-BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Required certification- Help Desk Institute (HDI) certificate
-Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders.
- Clearance: TS Eligible