Leidos Veterans Health is currently seeking a Configuration Managerin support of Electronic Health Records (EHR) Department of Veteran Affairs contract.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
The services to be provided are related to the VA Electronic Health Record Modernization program.The primary purpose of this contract is to modernize the current VA Electronic Health Record. Initial duties will be performed remotely however candidate will be required to work in Arlington, VA beginning January 2019.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will be a member of a team dedicated to a full scope of services, including integration, configuration, testing, deployment, hosting, organizational change management, training and sustainment.
The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of configuration and control management for this project using best practices. Will be responsible for managing requested design changes, and evaluating the impact to the overall system. He/she must have a basic understanding of industry requirements and be able to develop, and maintain, a Configuration Management Plan to describe our approach for handling change control on this project. Will work directly with the customer and management, and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written communication. The candidate is expected to manage relationships in coordination with the Prime and VA to strengthen lines of communication.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters Degree with 2-6 years of relevant experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. Demonstrated ability to support the following activities:
• Input configuration data into configuration management tools under the guidance of the senior staff.
• Communicate clearly, and concisely with internal and client project teams.
• Create technical solutions based on collaboration with individuals from multiple teams.
• Plan and execute all aspects of a comprehensive CM program to include planning, configuration identification, change control methodology, configuration status accounting, verification, and audit.
• Use CM tools and processes to define, educate, and implement change and configuration control processes at project and enterprise levels.
• Ensure all ongoing operational activities are in full compliance with directives, SOPs, and guidance documents.
• Audit procedures at frequent intervals
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all reports to be provided to the project managers and customer.
• Maintain records using available software and hardware tools.
• Initiate and manage a Change Control Board (CCB) in order assess the level of effort and impact of proposed change requests.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Proficient with working in the Rational tools suite with ServiceNow and Remedy preferred. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with management, staff, and the team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.