Location: GOLDEN CO US 80402
Leidos is seeking a NIOGEMS Data Technician in Lakewood, Colorado to support The Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD) falls under the U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of the Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs, Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development. While technically a parallel organization to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), DEMD supports American Indian Reservations and BIA agencies and regional offices, as well as some other federal offices.
The Division assists Tribes with the environmentally responsible exploration, development and management of their energy and mineral resources to create sustainable economies for reservations, generate new jobs and economic self-sufficiency. DEMD provides the best technical and economic advice and services to assist Indian mineral owners in achieving these goals through the environmentally sound development of their energy and mineral resources. Indian reservations – largely unexplored lands – hold vast, natural resources, and DEMD staff members are uniquely poised to offer services no other agency can provide.
DEMD-Lakewood, CO is currently staffed by approximately twenty (20) federal employees, including the Division Chief, Deputy Division Chief and Branch Chiefs, and twenty-four contractors (24), with a mixture of federal employees and contractors participating on various functional teams. The position described falls under the Branch of NIOGEMS. The National Indian Oil and Gas, Energy and Minerals System (NIOGEMS) is a database and mapping software to assist Tribes, Indian Affairs, and other government offices in managing the energy and mineral resources that are under their responsibility.
The NIOGEMS Data Technician will:
- Compile, input, track, and edit data for inclusion into NIOGEMS.
- Provide data input and maintenance for NIOGEMS and other DEMD databases as required using NIOGEMS software tools.
- Generation of data updates for the NIOGEMS database.
- Prepare and mail shipments of these updates to various sites.
- Travel to the Indian Affairs Agency or Tribal sites on reservations or other locations may be required.
- Interaction with the various personnel at these sites. This may include Realty/Title and energy/mineral personnel.
- Provide first contact user support for NIOGEMS users.
- Perform tests of NIOGEMS and its various application tools, as required.
- Assist the NIOGEMS Project Manager and staff, as needed.
- Compile data records (hardcopy and digital) into records-keeping structures which conform to Federal records rules.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust ClearanceQualifications:
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:B.A./B.S. with a year or more of direct work experience in data gathering, entry, and editing, including digital data and hardcopy records and depending upon the need, certain additional experience may be required, including:
- A year or more of Realty/Title data processing, or,
- A year or more of Land Survey data processing, or,
- A year or more of energy/mineral related data processing.
- Exposure to a GIS software and data.
- Basic knowledge of interaction with form-based software applications.
- Depending upon the need, certain additional experiential knowledge may be required, including:
- Skill in Realty/Title data processing, or,
- Skill in Land Survey data processing and land description error resolution, or,
- Skill in a certain specialized subset of energy/mineral related tabular data processing (e.g., oil and gas wells or leasing).
- Emphasis on assisting the development team in software testing
- Facility with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and presentation software.
- Good organizational and oral communication skills.
Other Requirements: Up to 10% travel may be required
Desired skills: Experience with and knowledge of the dynamics of working with American Indian Tribes and on their reservations is a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.