Location: RESTON VA US 20191
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to support Operations whose primary focus is providing solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD). This position will be located at a Leidos facility in Reston, VA.
This Senior Proposal Manager must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for the management and execution of the full proposal life cycle process. This position will be responsible for leading and managing strategic proposals at the Group authorization level and above. Tasks associated with this role include Request for Proposal (RFP) analysis, proposal team management, win theme development and strengthening, compliance verification, color review management, and overall proposal management, development and delivery.
The ideal candidate will also work directly with capture managers prior to the RFP release to assist in the definition of win strategies through technical solutions development and effective management, teaming, staffing and pricing. Tasks associated with this role may include collaboration session and gate review participation, teaming analysis and scope definition, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, capture planning, writing of white papers and request for information responses, and win theme workshops.
This personwill have worked in proposal development in the consulting industry for the DoD community. Characteristics necessary for success include: the ability to gain internal support and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase
- Lead and support Group Priority Proposals
- Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government solicitations
- Oversee/produce schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and technical solution sessions
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirement are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Facilitate proposal reviews and make recommendations for content improvement and compliance
- Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Support other business development professionals (e.g., editorial support, volume management, review participation) when necessary
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 years’ Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience (10 years’ experience with Advanced degree)
Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations
Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
Ability to work to meet deadlines (Work may require more than 40 hours per week including nights, weekends and holidays)
Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
Ability to work well both in a team and independently
Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.