Location: HILLSBORO OR US 97124
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of the Senior Network Engineer will support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Senior Network Engineer is located in Hillsboro, OR. In this role, you will provide expert level design solutions for the current corporate WAN system within ACE-IT taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. You will also perform network engineering on a broad range of programs providing overall support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
- Provide recommendations to Operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Provide Tier III support to Operations in support of the WAN service.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with WAN/LAN.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support for WAN/IWAN, LAN, and WAN acceleration.
- Develop WAN/IWAN/SDN system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT corporate WAN architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years of IT related experience, including Network Administration / Engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with CISCO Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP.
- Experience with WAN and VPN Solutions, GET-VPN/GDOI, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, iWAN and Performance Routing.
- Experience with Riverbed WAN Acceleration, SSL.
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies – VLANs, Spanning Tree, MPLS tagging.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Experience with Multicast
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) 802.1x
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies
- Familiarity with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), WAN Optimization (Riverbed), and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies
- VoIP implementation and Support
- Current or former Cisco certifications – CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, etc.
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.