Location: ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION MD US 20701
The National Security Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance in Annapolis Junction, MD.
JOB SUMMARY: The selected candidate will author, edit, and proof technical documents such as System Manuals, User Guides and other technical documentation. Candidate will ensure that documents conform to program standards and Data Item Description (DID) requirements. He/she will work with the engineering team to define the content of the documents with the candidate having primary responsibility for authorship. The candidate will prepare user documentation, requirements from users/stakeholders, will work closely with technical staff and must be able to handle multiple documentation assignments simultaneously.
External Referral Eligibile
Bachelors degree and8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
•8 yearstechnical writing experience preparing documents, reports, responses, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences, including senior management
• Experience effectively formatting and editing technical publications and proposals, including writing, editing, and illustrating using the MS Office Suite
• Experience working with system engineers, software engineers, and program management to translate technical information into clear, concise documentation to include user manuals
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
• Recent experience on a system/software development program compiling, editing, and publishing CDRL documentation
• Familiarity with CMMI ML3 best practices, DID formats, and agile methodologies
• Recent experience at a similar cyber security operational organization
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.