Senior SAN/NAS Engineer expertise is needed to design, procure, install, make operational a possible 100+ Petabyte facility and maintain support onsite activities. Work is day shift on a highly skilled and delivery focused group of engineers aimed at providing cutting edge technology and services for a variety of Mission Area and Corporate hosts. Work is highly technical and challenging but rewarding in an environment in support of Oceanographic, Bathymetric, Space and Earth Science, for Intelligence and Department of Defense entities and clients. Disciplines include Physics, Chemistry, Photography, Photogrammetry, Video, Hyper-spectral Imagery, Radar, LiDAR, and Animation.
The Senior SAN Engineer responsibilities will include:
· Understand customer requirements
· Gain familiarity with the customer's current data center infrastructure.
· Deploy and Maintain the Storage Architecture for customer
· Implement the Detailed Storage Design for customer
· Implement Detailed Storage Design for customer
· Present redline changes and augmentations to the architecture and implementation plans to Engineering Review Board for approval.
· Perform integration proof of concept testing as required
· Communicate, via PowerPoint and orally, changes and augmentations to architecture and integration plans to internal (other IPTs) and external customers in a clear manner.
· Execute implementation plans
· Provision LUNs
Ensure storage capacities at the proper tier are made available to customer on time
Requires Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
8-12 years of related systems engineering experience or Masters with 6-10years of prior relevant experience.
Need a resourceful individual adept in designing, building, installing and maintaining a 20+ petabyte data center with Tiered storage, SAN and LAN switched fabric, archives and vaults. Must be a problem solver, organizer, and scheduler and be comfortable with giving direction to the team in requirements evaluation, design, installation, operations and maintenance nodes. Must be able to work in a complex, multi-contractor environment for a complex and challenging Government client. Must be able to interact and coordinate with Transport (IP LAN and WAN), Compute (Servers), Storage, Enterprise Management and Voice and Data and Video Common Services. The mission is to develop products from raw airborne and satellite imagery for the Federal Government. A broad range of experience and skill sets that include but are not limited to:
· EMC Certifications desired, V-Max, Clariion, Centera sub-systems
· Experience with Enginuity, Symmetrix CLI, Navisphere and/or CentraStar
· NetApp Certification desired. 3000 and 6000 series filers with ONTAP 8.XX
· Brocade experience desired with DCX series Fibre Channel switches
· Experience with Silicon Graphics servers and MAID
· Experience with IBM servers
· Experience with Data Direct Networks high speed RAID arrays
· Any Infiniband experience
· Experience designing and implementing storage solutions in a large enterprise (20+ Petabytes and growing) environment including: High performance computing (HPC) and available SAN, NAS, CAS and Archive/VTL tiered storage systems.
· Experience in several different forms of replication including: Celerra replication, SRDF, BCV and Centera replication.
· Ability to produce technical documentation, engineering and installation plans, working drawings and redlines, and Visio/AutoCAD rendering/drawing skills.
· Working experience in SAN administration.
· Able to plan, design, implement, monitor and maintain via: Brocade Director Center Fiber Manager (DCFM). EMC Storage (block and file level). EMC Control Center. NetApp Operations Manager. NetApp SANscreen.
· Working experience with: NetApps Filers / Storage Systems. Other Network Attached Storage (NAS) like Sun or Dell. Replication and Backup Technologies like Symantec Enterprise Vault and NetBackup. Experience with VMware 3.5 or higher.
· Host based volume management and LUN provisioning tools like Symmetrix, Navisphere and Operations Manager
· Practical knowledge of compatibility, limitations, and software footprint is highly sought.
· Practical experience on DR planning, RAID, data migration, and business continuity techniques, is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with Volume Logix, NaviSphere, PowerPath, Work Load Analyzer, Optimizer, Solutions Enabler, SRDF/TimeFinder, SnapView, BCVs a plus
· Also require familiarity with large parallel filing systems such as Lustre (UNIX), GPFS (IBM/Linux), ATMOS (EMC), StorNext (Quantum) or Web Object Scalar (WOS) (DDN).
· Knowledge or experience with Quantum SANscreen monitoring product
· Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
· Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
· Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
· Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
· Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
· May serve as a technical team or task lead.
· Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required.
External Referral Eligible