The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Deputy Communication Focal Point Manager at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.
Staffs and operates a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (24/7/365) Communications Focal Point (CFP) for the AFNCR. Monitors and reports all enterprise operations and production efforts required to meet mission requirements of assigned organizations, and mission partners. Reports any and all outages to the government in a timely manner with expected return to service time(s).
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- The Deputy CFP Manager oversees and is responsible for a team of individual contributors and lower-level managers, and those individuals/teams perform the actual work of the CFP and NCC.
- Responsibilities include; setting, tracking, and operating within the target headcount and budget. These are permanent management roles.
- The Deputy CFP Manager oversees the integration of all incident management, monitoring, reporting, and production activities of the AFNCR enterprise.
- The Deputy CFP manager shall maintain industry best practices for centralizing systems configuration information, restoral plans, internal and external service provider communication plans, and incident response/escalation plans to support to approximately 10,000 customers for a blend of basic and premier customers.
- Assists the CFP manager to ensure and maintain crew integrity and ensures CFP members are trained and qualified for their designated positions.
•BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
•Minimum of 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
•Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance
Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders.
ITIL, CISSP or equivalent