The Defense and Intelligence Group (GSG) at Leidos has multiple openings for linguists to support a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) contract for the Office of Counterintelligence. We are looking for linguists in the following languages: Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, Dari and Pashto, Romanian, Polish, Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic), Farsi, Russian, Hebrew, German, Korean, Turkish, and Japanese. Additional support may be needed in the following languages: Romanian, Amharic, Spanish, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Kurdish, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, French, Chinese (all dialects), Vietnamese, Portuguese, Italian, and Czech.
All candidates must possess a Top Secret security clearance and be SCI eligible. Must be willing to take and able to pass a CI scope polygraph. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
We are seeking a skilled linguists who have excellent translation, research, and analytic skills. The linguist’ responsibilities include:
• Provide written translation of technical and non-technical data
• Write gists and summaries of materials
• Conduct open source research
• Write reports in English
• Respond to requests for information
The ideal candidate:
• Meet provide proof that they meet the minimum language proficiency requirements (within the past 12 months) as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable scale:
o Target Language Requirements: 3/3 in reading and listening
o English Language Requirements: 3/3/3/3 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
• skill level 3 or above) in the target language (reading and listening), as well as ILR level 3 or above in in all modalities (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) in English. Test scores must be current within the past 12 months.
• Must have experience in counterintelligence, open source intelligence, counterterrorism, and/or intelligence analysis.
• Must be capable of:
o Providing written translations of technical and non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from the native language to English.
o Conducting target language open source research and compiling research findings into comprehensive reports in support of specific intelligence requirements.
o Providing the cultural, social, and ethnic context of translations and be able to convey this information in a written format which may include gisting or screening of the total content.
o Working cooperatively as a team member
o Working independently with minimal or no oversight
• Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel from diverse cultures. Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Possess a university degree from an accredited North American university (preferred but not required).
• Possess a Top Secret clearance with an active SCI and CI polygraph
• Be proficient with IC analytic tools, preferred