Leidos is seeking a Web Capture Technician in the exciting world of Digital Forensics. Do you have basic networking experience knowledge of website development or exposure to social media platforms? Do you want to enter the world of Digital Forensics to assist federal investigators? If so, this opportunity may be for you. Duties will include:
· Independently collect digital evidence via the Internet with an emphasis on websites.
· Using a variety of forensic tools to analyze captured results.
· Troubleshootingdata collection problems and resolving those issues using acquired knowledge of the collection tools, website structures, and forensic methodologies.
· Documenting processes used for acquiring websites and you may testify as an expert witness in court.
· Evaluating new tools and technologies as appropriate to collect and capture websites in various forms.
· Assisting the Digital Forensics team with technical research tasks.
· Must have at least 7 years of experience in a legal, technical, or related industry.
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree OR a relevant computer science related certification and an additional 5 years over and above the minimum requirements.
· Must have working technical knowledge of standard network hardware, protocols, and internet standards.
· Must have very strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to testify in court as needed.
· Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
· Previous experience with troubleshooting hardware (e.g., networks, routers, hubs, and switches) is strongly preferred.
· An ability to install, patch, and maintain Windows operating systems is strongly preferred.
· A certification such as MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, NET+, or Security + is preferred.
· Previous experience with website development or using social media in a professional or personal capacity is helpful.
· Previous experience with digital forensics helpful.