The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a mid-level Storage Engineer in Fairmont, WV.
•Maintain the current storage environment within the ABIS 1.2 environment.
•Monitoring, trouble shooting, patching, configuring and developing and implementing solutions to vetted requirements.
• Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
• Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements
• Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
• Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
• Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
• Evaluates new and existing software products.
•Bachelors degree with8 years SAN experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
•Familiar with SAN networking Cisco or Brocade
•Knowledgeable on CIFS, NFS, FC, and ISCSI
•Direct experience with NetApp clustered ONTAP
•Familiar with cloud technologies
•Experience with Openstack would be a plus
•Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
•Security Plus or other Security based certificate and CISCO, NetApp, of other Storage professional •certificate are pluses
External Referral Eligible