Location: FORT GEORGE G. MEADE MD US 20755
Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer to support
systems engineering activities for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Ft Meade, MD. In this role, you will provide technical analysis for a wide variety of systems engineering activities, execute moderate complexity studies to evaluate products for compliance with requirements and applicable standards, define preliminary processes to solve complex engineering issues, and work heavily in a team environment.
**You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to work on this program.
Performs systems integration of web services and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAs) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware ESX Platforms.
Conducts validation and verification of contractor delivered command and control software applications by reviewing delivered software anddocumentation materials, deploying software, operating software, and reporting findings during this process.
Deploys hardware, installs base operating systems, installs software applications, and provides network configuration for a variety of hardware categories (workstations, servers, network switches,storage arrays, and network load balancing devices).
Troubleshoots the operation of these components and resolves existing or potential issues to ensure optimum operation of the environment.
Coordinates and ensures security compliance of the integration and test infrastructure using DoD security analysis techniques including the Information Assurance VulnerabilityManagement process and applying appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for relevant components.
Conducts performance analysis and technology maturity assessments of emerging technologies through application review and load testing.
Understands and can provide insight on system and application performance through the analysis of recorded system utilization and network traffic during test events.
Provides continuous monitoring of integration and test infrastructure components by leveraging Host Based Security Solutions (HBSS) and Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring dashboards.
Regularly engages the Program Management Office (PMO) customers, Contractor development teams, System Owners, and Operational user community.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 5+ years related experience in systems administration/engineering/information assurance.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification required (i.e. one of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GSEC, SCNO, SSCP, CISSP).
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, VMware, Windows OS, and Java technologies.
- System Engineering / testing knowledge or experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent technical writing; public speaking and presentation skills desired.
- Ability/desire to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- Must hold active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with Oracle Solaris, Oracle DB, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, and Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
- Familiarity with command line scripting.
- Familiarity with automation installation and testing tools.
- Familiarity with Nessus Security Center.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology.
- Experience with Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) Family of Systems (FoS).
- Experience with Joint Planning and Execution Service (JPES).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.