The CivilOperation of Leidos is currently looking to hire a regional coordinator in
support of the FEMA National Exercise Division, Exercise Design and Control Contract.
This position is located in the
Washington D.C./Capitol Area.
The Interagency and Eastern Region Coordinator (IA/ERC) will ensure full Exercise Design and Control (ED&C)
coordination for and support to all Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Exercise Division (NED)
managed/supported Federal and Eastern Region (FEMA Regions I-IV) exercises. The IA/ERC will work closely with
FEMA NED assigned Program Managers and Project Leads to provide the support required to meet or exceed all
assigned exercise requirements, milestones and deliverables. The IA/ERC will ensure all assigned Exercise Planning
Teams (EPTs) are following consistent practices and procedures and that information is being shared across all
venues and assigned FEMA regions. The IA/ERC will also ensure that communication is maintained across all
assigned regions, exercises, and teams and that required resources are provided and utilized appropriately.
• Translate customer requirements into fully resourced project plans to include the identification of staff and
• Provide support and expertise in the design and control of all FEMA NED exercise initiatives and related efforts
• Oversee the Leidos team’s design and control of all Federal Interagency and Leidos Eastern Region (FEMA Regions
• Assist Program Manager and Integration Manager with technical and financial reporting both to internal
management and external customers
• Responsible for applying industry best practices and standards to exercise design and control, as well as security
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 7-10 years experience in the First Response/Emergency
• Candidate should have minimum 3-5 years experience at a supervisory or programmatic level.
• Candidate should show 3-5 years experience working on national exercises.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with local, state, Federal and other governmental and non-governmental
• Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) certification.
• Mater Exercise Practitioner (MEP) certification.
• Strong program management skills to include project life cycle management, resource loading, cost management,
financial and technical reporting.
• Strong experience in the management and design of all types of exercises for a variety of clients (DHS/FEMA/NED
and other Federal agencies; FEMA Regions, States, Territories, Tribal Nations, and local governmental entities; private
sector, volunteer, faith based, and other non-governmental organizations.
• Experience working with FEMA and State emergency management agencies.
• Experience managing multiple teams and guide shifting priorities.
• Strong computer software skills, including Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint and Excel; Microsoft
Projects; and familiarity with iCenter (SharePoint) and Webex programs.
• MS/MA preferred.