Seeking a Software/Systems Solutions Architect to work in Dayton, OH. Interested in being a leader that is responsible for driving the technical execution of a research program supporting system of system communication through the use of open system architectures? The successful candidate will help architect, coordinate, build and enhance highly available, scalable research system(s) used by our customers for the advancement of open system architectures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Candidate would be responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform system engineering functions for hardware, network, and software components including: requirements specification and management; product and design evaluation; trade-off and selection analysis; modeling and simulation.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of designed systems.
- Perform tasks of a high degree of complexity and difficulty with no supervision.
- Work with the engineering team to design, develop, implement, test, and support system software requirements.
- Work with Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 10+ years of software systems engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 6+ years software systems engineering experience.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
- Strong C++ and Java
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following: DoD Architecture Framework, Open Systems Architecture (OSA), Enterprise Architect, , Linux/Unix, VxWorks
- Experience with avionics and/or sensor integration along with appropriate DoD mission application
- Familiarity with Standardization Agreement (STANAG) requirements, communications standards and architectures.
- Experience leading technical volumes or sections of proposals
- CMMI Processes, Agile (Scrum) Methods, Virtual Machine Environment, Coding Standards, Distributed Computing Architectures. Information Assurance/ CyberSecurity, Object-Oriented Design, Service-Oriented Architecture, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)