Seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to work in our Dayton, Ohio operations. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to research novel technologies to help US aircraft survive and win against advanced threat systems by employing the latest in sensor technology, robotics and directed energy systems. You will work in an award winning research laboratory recognized as a unique National treasure across the DOD. In addition, this mission supports a cadre of multi-disciplined technologists working collaboratively with select US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) researchers to develop and integrate test protocols and instrumentation that augments DOT&E developmental testing goals in the areas of hostile laser and warning sensor technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Able to evaluate electrical systems, components, and applications for EO systems.
- Able to take conceptual electronic designs and turn into real-life, working circuits using electrical engineering software tools.
- Coordinating electronic design projects by collaborating and guiding electronic technicians.
- Proficient in the use of Microcontrollers and embedded processors, and able to perform A/D, D/A, and I/O design.
- Design electronic circuits using photodetector circuits, high-speed low-noise trans impedance amplifier design, high speed comparator circuits, and instrumentation amplifier design, on-board power management, MOSFET driver design, LED current driver design (analog), laser diode driver design.
- Support Government and contractor team engineers and scientists in EO system modeling, phenomenology studies, sensor design, sensor integration, sensor data collection, data processing, exploitation, sensor fusion, and generation of sensor products.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or Electronic Circuit Designer with at least 4 years’ of applicable experience
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in electronic circuit design software tools
- Able to work in a dynamic Team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels (including fluency in English), with an emphasis on clarity and positive collaboration
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- M.S. Electrical Engineering- System Engineering background and experience
- SECRET Security Clearance
- EO/IR background and experience